Wednesday 14 November 2007

Wednesday 14th November: group meeting...

Today, as agreed, I was supposed to meet Khristina and Mette in the library in order to work on our group project. Leda told us she couldn't come as she was moving houses so she send us a document on "Online identities". Mette told us at the last minute that she couldn't come as well as she was feeling really ill but that she would do some work at home. She asked us to email her our work and tell her what she could add/do to make the project progress.

Regarding the work done on Wednesday... I went through the written work that has already been done and also added some of my own research. There was a lot of editing to do as everyone writes in different styles. I made my best to
-harmonize the work (grammar, sentence structure...),
-make it visually appealing (bullet points, paragraphs, titles...)
-clarify our different points (introduction, questioning, different theories...)
-rewrite the introduction

The main problem I encountered was with Leda'a work as she did not reference her sources. In her document, she put only the year of the book she took the quotes out without puting the page numbers. In some cases, other details were missing. I think it is really important to reference correctly so I send her an email asking her to go through her references and add the missing information.

By reading all other people's work, I realized people had entirely different styles of writing and that it was important (for each person in the group) to go through each others work in order to bring a new perspective on it.

No comments: