Monday 12 November 2007

Week 6

It is already week 6! time passes by so quickly!
Roles in the group are pretty defined by now: Mette and Leda did theory research, Mette has also been updating our wiki page, whereas Khristina and myself have been looking online for links, images, videos, ... (in other words, specific examples of virtual communities).

Today we discuss in the group things we could add/change in our wiki page.
So far, we all agree that it needs to be more interactive. We also want to make our research easier to read by playing with the layout: bullet points, subtitles...

We also had the opportunity today to look at last year's projects - that looked really impressing by the way! We saw concrete written work and some realized that it was not as academic as they thought it should be. I think it helped the class to have a better understanding on the outcome of the project.

2 comments:

Nogbad said...

I think we've probably got different ideas about what "academic writing" means. To me it means using correct English and not using figures of speech. It means avoiding "I know that this is a fact..." without offering some support and it means balance rather than an unsupported polemic.

That help? :-)

Jana said...

by writing:
"We saw concrete written work and some realized that it was not as academic as they thought it should be". I was talking about the form of the project- that we had the possiblity to make bullet points, short paragraphs, etc rather then an "essay type" work. We could make it more interative in its presentation. I should have expressed myself more clearly as I would never consider using "figures of speach" in an academic written work.

Despite my unclear description of academic writing, I am happy I received a comment! thank you!